termes et conditions
- 50% payment on order.
- Payment 50% maximum 10 days before the start of the rental.
- Payment via Bank Transfer. No transfer fees.
- Payment by credit card. Transfer fee 10%.
- Possibility of paying 50% of the rental in cash ($ MXN) on the day of check-in.
- The deposit is €1,000.
- Payment maximum 10 days before the start of the rental.
- Payment via Bank Transfer. No transfer fees.
- Payment by credit card. Transfer fee 10%.
- Possibility of cash payment on the day of check-in ($ MXN).
- Refund of the deposit via bank transfer maximum 7 days after the return trip.
- 1€ = 23 $ MXN.
3/ Documents to provide
- Driving license (be over 23 years old).
- A phone number (WhatsApp)
4/ Maximum distance per day
The maximum distance per day authorized is 200 km (per day and not an average over the entire stay).
Depending on the rental period and depending on the vehicle, you can only drive in the states of Yucatan and/or Quintana Roo and/or Campeche. It is possible to go as far as Palenque in Chiapas with the written agreement of the lessor depending on the vehicle rented. Beyond these States and beyond the authorized daily mileage limit, you will no longer be insured. (State authorized for the VW Milenio Combi: only Quintana Roo).
All our vehicles have small engines. The heat of the sun, the heat of the asphalt, the state of the roads cause our vehicles to suffer quickly. This is why we cannot allow more than 200 km per day.
5/ Maximum speed
For Volkswagen combis, we do not exceed 70 km/h.
For vans (Nissan, Toyota...) we do not exceed 90 km/h.
Be careful, if you exceed this speed, or if you drive for too long, the engine will overheat and could break. It is therefore important to ride gently and take regular breaks.
Do not ride on unpaved or unpaved surfaces.
6/ Minimum rental & Opening hours
The minimum rental is 4 nights.
Delivery of the vehicle to the customer takes place between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (morning).
The return of the vehicle to the rental company is between 9:00 and 11:00 (morning).
7/ Use of the vehicle
When taking charge, you complete the departure section of the inventory appended to the contract. By signing this, you definitively acknowledge that the condition of the vehicle is in accordance with your wishes.
At the time of return, in the event of disagreement on the condition of the vehicle, you describe your position or your disputes in the “comments” section of this inventory.
The rental is personal, non-transferable. You agree to drive in accordance with the highway code. You also agree that the vehicle will not be used: for the paid transport of passengers, to propel or tow a trailer or any other rolling or non-rolling object, for illicit purposes. You agree to keep said vehicle closed and locked outside periods of use, keeping the keys, which must under no circumstances be left on board. You agree not to modify or add any equipment.
You undertake to keep the vehicle, its equipment and accessories in good working order. You are responsible for the vehicle's maintenance menu: periodic checks and top-up of levels (oil, coolant), tire pressure.
Only the drivers named on the rental contract and for the duration thereof have the quality of insured under the insurance contract provided. The driver designated in the contract benefits from the automobile insurance policy taken out covering civil liability for damage caused to third parties. It is a civil liability guarantee: it covers material and bodily damage caused to a third party during an at-fault accident.
The vehicles only have liability insurance. This insurance does not therefore cover material damage caused to the rented vehicle. Damage caused to the vehicle, due to the responsibility of the driver named in the contract or due to a third party, will be deducted from the amount of the deposit of 1000 euros (deductible of 1000 euros).
When the vehicle is driven by a driver not named in the contract, you remain solely responsible for all costs resulting from a claim that may occur (including under the provisions of article L-211.1 of the Insurance Code concerning driving of the vehicle against the will of the lessor). Finally, you are reminded that you are solely responsible for the financial consequences of the use of the vehicle by any unauthorized driver.
Please note that insurance provided by credit card companies is generally not valid as it does not cover vintage camping minibus rentals.
9/ When am I not insured?
You are not insured in the following cases:
- Beyond the 200 km per day authorized on the contract.
- If you are off paved roads and not accessible by a tow truck. In the event of a breakdown, you will have to repair the vehicle by your own means.
- If you are unable to return the vehicle's original keys to the lessor after noticing that it has been stolen. In this case, you will be required to pay the value of the vehicle (example: 10,000 euros for a 1973 combi).
- When damage to the vehicle results from burns, interior damage, overloading, mechanical consequences due to negligence, as well as damage to tyres, hubcaps and rims.
- When the driver is in a state of drunkenness as defined by the highway code, or when he has used drugs or narcotics that are also prohibited or when he has taken medication, medically prescribed or not, whose notice specifies that its use is likely to cause a state of drowsiness.
- When the damage to the vehicle occurs after the date of return of the vehicle provided for in the contract, where applicable assimilated to driving against the will of the lessor and misappropriation of the vehicle. This provision does not apply if you have obtained an express agreement to extend the rental period from the rental company.
- If you and/or the driver have provided false information regarding your identity or the validity of your driving licence. The same will apply in the event of false declarations on the joint report or the declaration of loss or the description on the return of the vehicle.
- For damage, loss or theft, of any nature whatsoever, affecting your personal effects, your objects or the animals contained in the vehicle.
- When the damage results from a voluntary act of yourself and/or the driver and/ the occupants.
- When the vehicle is used for the paying transport of passengers.
- When the vehicle is rented and used in overload or carrying a number of passengers greater than those authorized when signing the rental contract.
In the event of negligible damage: the customer assumes unlimited liability for insignificant damage. Trivial damages are accidents caused by driver negligence and include, but are not limited to:
- Off-road accidents
- Accidents occurring in the vehicle housing in a trailer park
- Deliberate or intentional damage by customer, guest
- Damage to the interior caused by the client, guest, pet etc.
- Lack of maintenance of oil and antifreeze fluid levels
- Driving while tired or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances
- Driving in restricted areas and outside of Mexico
- Overloaded vehicle
- Carry more people than available seat belts
- Handling of vehicles by persons not authorized in the rental contract
For safety reasons, the 1-burner gas case must be used outside the vehicle. Always have the fire extinguisher easily accessible. Attention: the use of this option has no insurance.
10/ Mechanical breakdown - Accident - Theft
In the event of a mechanical breakdown, you must immediately contact the rental company. You agree to comply precisely with the instructions that will be communicated to you by your correspondent. Otherwise, you will be financially responsible for the services that you will have implemented on your own initiative and without the prior agreement of your correspondent and for mechanical aggravations if necessary. All repairs resulting from abnormal wear and tear due to negligence on your part will be your responsibility. If the vehicle is immobilized, repairs can only be carried out after written agreement and according to the lessor's instructions. They must be the subject of a paid invoice. The same applies to the interior layout of the living area.
The renter reserves the right to assess and decide on refunds depending on the reason and duration of the damage. All receipts will need to be delivered for your reimbursement. The lessor cannot be held responsible for the duration of immobilization of the vehicle.
In the event of an accident, the Customer must immediately declare it to the lessor and give the lessor a copy of the joint report completed and signed by both parties as well as the contact details of witnesses, if applicable. In the event of an accident without a third party, you must complete an amicable report alone.
In the event of theft or attempted theft, the Customer must immediately make a declaration to the police authorities and to the lessor, provide the lessor with the original keys within 24 hours.
The security deposit is refundable within 7 working days of the return of the vehicle respecting the return date, that the vehicle is not damaged, with a cleaned interior and exterior (or take the cleaning option when booking) with all equipment in place and intact, and the fuel tank full.
For deliveries outside opening hours, the customer must inform the lessor. The lessor reserves the right to authorize or not the return after opening hours. Each hour of delay will be charged 20 euros and each day of unauthorized delay that the vehicle is occupied will have a cost of 165 euros plus the daily rental cost.
If the vehicle is delivered uncleaned, a cleaning fee of 40 euros will be deducted from the deposit (unless you have priced the cleaning option when booking).
If the WC is rented, the Customer must return it cleaned (this is not included in the Cleaning option). In case of uncleaned return, 40 euros will be deducted from the deposit.
In case of excessive dirt caused by pets or smoking inside the vehicle, a charge of 165 euros will be retained. Knowing that both are not allowed.
The fuel tank must be full, or the expense will be charged to fill it plus a 30 euro service charge.
Any lost, decomposed or broken equipment, according to the initial inventory, will be deducted from the deposit for replacement with new accessories and/or equipment.
If there are additional kilometers per day, 1.50 € per km will be charged, knowing that you are not allowed to do more than 200 km/day. The 200 km is per day and not a daily average for the whole trip.
A deduction of 150 euros/day will be made in the event of travel to an unauthorized State.
Will be deducted from the deposit, fines and miscellaneous fines legally payable by you and attributable to the custody and use of the vehicle, any parking and cleaning costs (150 euros), expert report costs.
It is the Customer's responsibility to report any incident, as well as parking and traffic tickets that generate fines.
In the event that a crane takes the vehicle to the Corral (pound), only the legal representative has the power to release it; Depending on where the vehicle is being held, clearance can take up to 3 business days. The client will be responsible for all costs of transfer and accommodation of the legal representative, as well as the payment of duties for the release of the vehicle without the right to claim or reimbursement of any kind, no payment existing for the days of lost rent, or other costs occasioned by this incident. The rental company will not be held responsible for the accessibility of personal items in the vehicle or for any items lost during this incident.
12/ Cancellation/modification of the reservation
Cancellations of the reservation must be made in writing by the customer and sent to email@example.com. The day (applying Mexico Time-UTC-06:00) that the renter receives the full or partial cancellation is the date on which the following charges will be applied to the total amount of the rental, or in case of partial cancellation the days cancelled:
- If the customer cancels more than 30 days before the date of delivery or pick-up, 25% of the amount is not returned. 75% refunds.
- If the customer cancels between 30 days and 8 days before the delivery or pick-up date, the 50% amount is not returned. 50% refunds.
- If the customer cancels 7 days or less before the delivery or pick-up date, the 100% amount is not returned. No refund.
- If the customer is not present on the delivery or pick-up date, 100% is not returned. No refund.
13.1 The road network
If you see the sign "Cuota", it is a toll road in Mexico, "Libre" means free, without toll. Traffic lanes are good, but some other roads are known for heavy truck and bus traffic, have potholes, and many have loose animals. Always drive slowly. Never ride at night.
13.2 Where to sleep at night
There are many campsites and nature camping is allowed in Mexico.
We will show you smartphone applications (usable without an internet connection) to find free or inexpensive places to stay overnight. There are also applications for Google Maps style routes without an internet connection.
13.3 Emergency Telephone Numbers
066 or 065 (ambulance)